Smartphones and tablets are changing the way that we all communicate and access information. This is also changing the way that many products and services are marketed – and real estate is no exception. Did you know that the first mobile call was placed in 1983? That phone cost $3,995, weighed 2.5 pounds and was over 10 inches tall. Yes, we have come a long way! Here are some interesting facts:
- Smartphones outsold PCs for the first time in 2011. By the end of 2012, more consumers will be accessing the internet from their mobile devices than from laptops or PCs.
- Most people look at their phone about 150 times per day (roughly once every 6.5 minutes). According to Qualcomm CEO, Paul Jacobs.
- Mashable reports that many people are now treating their smartphone as the first screen to access information. They may also use their laptop or tablet later to access that information from a larger screen.
- QR code scans jumped over 600% from 2011. Now over 25% of smartphone users are active with scanning QR codes.
- Prudential Georgia Realty reports a 400% increase in mobile visitors and page views in the last year.
It is clear that the mobile revolution is changing every industry. Traditional website content does not fit properly for mobile screens. Marketers must be thoughtful about providing the right experience for each device. For real estate marketing, Prudential Georgia Realty has been using text marketing, QR codes and mobile searches for our websites for over two years. We recently introduced our new hyper-local mobile websites with listings from all 6 local mls services plus a smart GPS search. We also introduced our exclusive “1-Touch” local searches for neighborhoods, schools districts and other local areas. These types of hyper-local searches are not available on mobile solutions from the national website providers or other local brokerages.
Prudential Georgia Realty is an industry leader in mobile marketing for real estate. Contact us if you would like to learn more.