The Greater Metro Atlanta area is home to thousands of elementary, middle and high schools. Most of these will open for the 2012 -2013 school year during the first two weeks of August. Cobb County students start back on Monday, August 13th.
As the summer break draws to a close, so do the days of cruising down many streets unimpeded by school buses during the daily commute. Add at least a 20 minute buffer to your 7 – 9 am commute to arrive on time and keep yourself and others safe.
Safe Kids USA offers the following Top Back to School Safety Tips:
Reminders for Drivers:
- Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods and school zones
- Take extra time to look for kids at intersections, on medians and or curbs
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully
- Watch for children on and near the road in the morning and after school hours
- Reduce any distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings. Put down your phone and don’t talk or text while driving
Reminders for Kids:
- Kids should cross the street with an adult until they are at least 10 years old
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks
- Never run out into the streets or cross in between parked cars
- Make sure kids always walk in front of the bus where the driver can see them
Cooler Weather Is Just Around The Corner! If You Know Someone Who Can Benefit From This Information Or Our Real Estate Expertise, We Would Love To Help Them.