After Wednesday night’s presidential debates, the race is on to November 6th. No matter which candidate you choose, make sure your vote gets cast. With absentee voting in Georgia now open to anyone who wishes to vote before the scheduled Election Day, it’s even easier to make sure your voice gets heard this November. Did you know anyone can vote absentee by mail, without giving any reason? This way you don’t have to worry about long lines or getting off of work or doing it during your lunch hour. Be sure to check with your county’s board of elections and registration, but if you live in Cobb County, here’s some helpful information on absentee voting by mail.
- The first step is to apply for an absentee ballot. To download the application, visit http://elections.cobbcountyga.gov/VoteByMailApp.php or click here.
- Fill out the application completely. Be sure you fill out all appropriate fields and sign the application.
- Send in the application:
- FAX to (770) 528-2458 or (770) 528-2519
- MAIL to Cobb Elections, P.O. Box 649, Marietta, GA 30061-0649
- DELIVER in PERSON to Cobb Elections, 736 Whitlock Ave., Suite 400, Marietta, GA 30064
- SCAN and EMAIL to Info@CobbElections.org
- Your application will be reviewed and an absentee ballot will be mailed to your address.
- The voter must sign or make a mark on the application (first black arrow) , unless:
- A relative may apply on behalf of a voter who is out of town or disabled (second black arrow).
- When you have voted the ballot, it may either be delivered in person or mailed to:
Cobb Board of Elections Main Office
Marietta GA 30061-0649
(In person: 736 Whitlock Ave., Suite 400)
For more information on voting in person, satellite or advance voting, and voting for overseas and military personnel, visit the Cobb County Board of Elections & Registration at http://elections.cobbcountyga.gov/AbsenteeVoting.php.