Prudential Georgia Realty’s latest newsletter, Right at Home, offers some helpful thoughts to consider if you’re debating selling your home during the holidays.
Here are 10 good reasons you should list your home during the holiday season:
1. People who look at your home during the holidays are serious buyers.
2. Serious buyers have fewer homes to choose from over the holidays as most sellers take their homes off the market. That means less competition for you and more money for you.
3. Since the supply of homes will drastically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means less money.
4. Houses show better when they’re decorated over the holidays.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays and tend to spend more money — getting you your price.
6. Buyers have more time to look over the holidays and can come during the weekdays.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
8. January is traditionally a month where employers have to move because they can’t wait until springtime. They have to buy now — you’re there to capture that market.
9. You can be on the market and still can have the option to delay your close or restrict your showings during those six or seven days so you can celebrate the holidays.
10. You can sell now for more money and delay that closing to extend your occupancy until next year.
If you or someone you know is considering selling your home over the holidays, contact Petersen Partners for more information and helpful tips at info@PetersenPartners.com