Your home’s front door plays an integral part of your home’s curb appeal. A new front door or a fresh coat of paint on the existing one can be the primary factor in a potential buyer’s first impression. Your front door is what beckons (or deters) a visitor inside and sets the stage for their experience of your home. So have you ever wondered what the color of your front door conveys?
According to the Paint Quality Institute, your front door’s color sends a powerful message to visitors. Color psychologists say different front door hues can influence a visitor’s experience by signalling different things to their brains. According to the Paint Quality Institute:
- Blue: Conveys a place of refuge or retreat
- Green: Projects health, tranquility, and harmony
- Black: Projects strength, power, and authority
- Red: Conveys passion, energy, and excitement
- Brown: Offers a natural look that can convey warmth, stability, and reliability
For more tips on painting your home’s interior and exterior, check out http://www.paintquality.com/homeowners/index.html