Spring is here finally and with it some chores, right? We all think of spring cleaning and spring planting, but there’s other tasks every homeowner ought to be doing as well. Here’s a handy list to get you started:
- Check and test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and change the batteries.
- Make sure your first aid kit is up to date and fully stocked.
- Replace or clean your furnace filter.
- Check for winter damage to your roof and gutters.
- Clean up winter debris from your lawn. Rake, de-thatch and aerate the lawn.
- Test your outdoor lights and replace any bulbs that have broken or burned out.
- Wash your windows and inspect your screens for damage like holes or tears.