On December 10th, our company will be adopting the new Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices brand. We are excited to begin this new chapter for our company and this conversion will bring many advantages for our agents and their clients. This year, we also celebrate 50 years of serving the needs of our clients in the Greater Metro Atlanta area. During that time, we have operated as Crest Realty, Merrill Lynch Realty, Prudential Atlanta Realty and Prudential Georgia Realty. Though the name has changed, our commitment to deliver exceptional real estate services has not. In the last five years, our company has been consistently ranked as the #1 real estate company in metro Atlanta with more homes sold than any other brokerage.
Now that our company is part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, we thought it might be helpful to get to know more about our new organization:
- According to the Forbes Global 2000 list, Berkshire Hathaway is the 8th largest public company in the world. The company is led by Chairman and CEO Warren Buffett who is often referred to as “the Oracle of Omaha” for his keen insight on business matters.
- The Berkshire Hathaway approach is to acquire companies with great brands, great products, and strong leadership, then grow and build value over long periods of time.
- Berkshire Hathaway owns and operates approximately 100 companies and employs approximately 300,000 people. Company holdings include major brands like GEICO, Fruit of the Loom, Dairy Queen, Benjamin Moore, Helzberg Diamonds, NetJets, Heinz, MidAmerican Energy, and Shaw Industries, which is located in Dalton, Georgia.
- Berkshire Hathaway has major stock positions in companies like Wells Fargo (8.7%), American Express (13.7%), IBM (6%) and Coca-Cola (8.9%).
- Berkshire Hathaway was named the No. 1 company in Barron’s annual ranking of the world’s 100 most respected companies.
- Being part of such a large and successful organization gives us many advantages. For example, our listing clients will benefit from an unprecedented level of exposure. Look for more details and exciting news as we move closer to our big announcement on December 10th.
We look forward to leveraging the Power of Berkshire Hathaway to deliver even more advantages for our clients and customers. Contact us to learn more at info@PetersenPartners.com