The cost of home remodeling has dropped 10 to 15 percent in the past five years, paving the way for low-cost construction for San Diego homeowners. It goes without saying that remodeling is one of the best ways to increase your home’s curb appeal in addition to bolstering its value.
“Replacement projects are really strong because they’re cheap and they make the house look good immediately. If you get new windows, new siding and replace the front door, the house looks great. It sells faster and for more money,” says one expert according to MSN Real Estate.
Despite the positive sentiments associated with remodeling, some investments have eroded in payback according to experts, with some returns equaling less than 57 percent after the sale of the home. That’s why it’s essential to know how to use your money wisely when remodeling your home.
1. Replace exterior siding. Upscale fiber cement is one of the most elegant and cost-effective choices for home exteriors. Siding pays goes miles to improve the curb appeal of your home.
2. Replace entry doors. Nothing makes a first impression quite like a beautiful entry way and door. Replacing old doors and retro-fitting a patio can make a house look like a home.
3. Attic remodel. If you have the space, an attic remodel can add additional square footage to your home. Attic remodels appeal to families who may use the space for an extra bedroom or play area for the kids.
4. Minor kitchen remodel. Sometimes, all a kitchen needs is a fresh face to shine, especially when you’re trying to sell your home quickly. A minor kitchen remodel will generally consist of new countertops, sink, faucets and appliances.
5. Midrange garage door replacement. A home needs curb appeal and a garage door is just the ticket to achieving a fresh look to the exterior of your home. Garage door replacement is also one of the best ways to reviving the exterior of an older home.
6. High-end garage door replacement. For luxury homes, a high-end garage door looks impressive and accurately conveys a more grandeur lifestyle.
7. Wood deck. Backyards can make a difference when it comes to the quick sale of your home. A wood deck may be an excellent choice to add more selling appeal to your home.
8. Foam-backed vinyl siding. Both beautiful and practical, vinyl siding is a good way to improve the aesthetics of your home while keeping it warm in the winter months.
9. Midrange replacement vinyl siding. If a luxurious look is desired, higher-end vinyl siding may be an excellent choice for sellers who are focusing on the top end of real estate sales.
10. Replacement windows. Upscale vinyl windows can make all the difference in the curb appeal of your home. Plus, it’s one of those upgrades that homebuyers can appreciate since it focuses on energy savings and curb appeal all at the same time.