When buying a home, you have to consider factors such as the home’s layout, condition and more. The seller must disclose the property’s condition that may alert you to issues such as mold, defective water heater or leaky roof. Here are six questions you should pose to the seller for additional insight before you make your final decision:
- Why is the seller selling the house?
- How much did the seller pay for the home?
- What does the seller like most and least about the property?
- Has the seller had any problems with the home in the past?
- Are there any nuisances such as barking dogs, airplane traffic or planned changes to the community?
- How are the public schools in the area?
Knowing all you can about a prospective home will help you make a more informed decision as well as make an appropriate offer. An experienced real estate professional can be a great resource in helping you get your key questions answered and give you advice on how to evaluate your findings. If you are considering buying a new home, let our team help you make the best decision possible. We’re taking real estate to a new level with experience and professionalism you can trust. Find out more about the #1 team in Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Georgia Properties at www.PetersenPartners.com.