The Lights of Life is an annual tradition that was started by Life University in 1989 as a gift to the local community. Talk of the Lights of LIFE spread quickly, given the location, quality and low cost. As the most affordable holiday light show in the Southeast, the Lights of LIFE holiday light display has become a yearly tradition. Now nearly half a million spectators from the surrounding region cruise through the spectacularly illuminated campus annually! New displays are added, and the entire arrangement is unique each year. The 65 foot tall rendition of Santa and his sleigh is the tallest display in the Southeast. The Lights of Life event runs every night from November 26th through December 31st.
The Lights of Life is held on the the campus of Life University (1269 Barclay Circle – off Hwy 41 just north of Dobbins AFB, Marietta) just north of Smyrna Vinings from 6pm to 10pm daily.
The cost to enter is:
- $10 per car: Friday/Saturday/Sunday; November 26—29; & December 18—31 | 6:00-10:00 p.m.
- $5 per car: Monday—Thursday | 6:00-10:00 p.m. (except for above listed dates)
- $20 per bus regardless of date
This is a zero-profit operation. Fees cover the cost of the electricity for the lights, as well as the costs associated with the ongoing operations.
The Lights of Life is a visual treat the whole family will enjoy, plus a few other attractions as well (weather permitting):
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, pictures with Santa Claus ($12 per photo; $20 for two copies of the same photo)
- Pony rides ($5 per rider)
- Train rides ($3 per rider)
- Petting zoo ($3 per person)
- Concession stand offering seasonal drinks and snacks for purchase (Prices vary & no outside food or beverage is permitted)
For more information or questions about Lights of Life, please call (678) 331-4334 or visit www.life.edu/events/lights-of-life