Top 10 Must Do
- Have AC and heating systems serviced by a professional.
- Clean all rain gutters and downspouts; make repairs, if necessary.
- Clean and repair window screens. Clean tracks and lubricate.
- Clean debris off roof. Check for loose or damaged roof shingles or flashing. Repair, if needed.
- Sharpen all garden tools and inspect the condition of your wheelbarrow.
- Clean lint from the clothes dryer’s exhaust pipe.
- Reverse ceiling fans to counterclockwise direction to blow air down.
- Lubricate all exterior hinges, gates, garage door tracks, and locks.
- Clear away all leaves and debris from the AC condenser unit.
- Prepare all flowerbeds and plants.
If Time and Budget Allow
- Pressure wash decks, fences, siding and driveways.
- Add additional insulation to the attic.
- Organize at least one closet in your home.
- Dust lampshades and ceiling fan blades.
- Aerate and fertilize the lawn.
- Reseed all bare spots on lawn.
A Little Something Extra
- Flip or rotate mattresses.
- Paint the mailbox and inspect the mailbox post.
- Reorganize all DVDs, CDs, and video games.
- Take all indoor plants outside and clean.
- Test sump pump by pouring a bucket of water to activate.